Technical: How To Add Register Key In Window Registry?

0 comments
TECHNICAL: HOW TO ADD REGISTER KEY IN WINDOW REGISTRY?

I was having a problem in installing Perforce in my window system. It say

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run
as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor. Action RegisterP4EXPx64,
location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\, command: regsvr32.exe /s
"C:\Program Files\Perforce\p4exp64.dll"


So I search for the solution in Google and this link shows up.
Aha! It means some registers key is missing & I need to add those registers in my Window register. It painful to add it manually by clicking and right click and typing. Handling with Window register, you really need to be extra careful. Otherwise your whole system will be not work as you expected or dead. Haha.

So what I did is, I wrote a some script that look like this as my system is 64-bits OS.


The script was save as '*.reg'. For example 'ayam.reg'. I closed the text editor and double click the file.
Look like nothing happened but to make sure the registers key were created, I opened the regedit (See How to Open Regedit).

Tada! All the registers key were there. Then I continue my Perforce Installation and it was success.

End of story!